Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, Renewed Focus

Hello everyone!

I've been writing several things on the news blog lately, and I'm thinking about making it a weekly address to bring things to your attention and bring some targeted encouragement to our church. Nothing too long, just some specific things I'm sensing or need to release to our local congregation as they come up.

The reason I'm writing this one is to have you go and listen to Sunday's message. It's a declaration of what I have been hearing and feeling for 2010.  If you were there, maybe you would like to listen again.  I believe this is so important to hear because the Father wants us all on the same page.  Click here to listen to that message.

You may be able to tell I hadn't preached in a couple weeks. I was pretty intense right out of the gate! I launch out and then everything sort of just keeps spilling out, but I really want you to listen to what the Spirit of God is saying to us.

Also one of the things I mentioned Sunday and want to challenge you again is to find some way to be in the Scriptures every day.  If you're highly organized you may be able to do this without the help of a reading plan, but for the rest of us, there's nothing wrong with a little help!

One great resource is youversion.com.  This is not only a way to search the Bible, but join a community and sign for all sorts of reading plans.  There's also a wonderful site called biblegateway.com that has lots of options.

Ask God what you need to do.  You don't necessarily need to read the entire Bible through, but we each need a new level of God's word (in understanding and revelation) and that takes some discipline.

Please: let's do this as a church. First go listen to Sunday's message then find a Bible reading plan that will work for you.  2010 will be a year of doing the impossible and I'm excited that we are doing it together.

Multiplied blessings,


Pastor Jason
Breakthroughalaska.com

No comments:

Post a Comment